Our society structure is undergoing a rapid transformation. People aged over 65 are outnumbering those aged under 64. In some developed nations the ratio of those aged over 65 to those aged under 64 years is projected to drop to as much as 1:1 which implies there is one younger person for every older person. If you see the trend it would become so difficult for European countries and US to be able to afford and pay benefits to the seniors and the retired people.
While financial freedom is something we all look forward to how many of us really plan a strategy to achieve that financial security or independence after retirement, without depending on benefits from government? Very few may be. Financial planning with a retirement strategy is ideally done through the services offered by a financial planner because he/she has a greater knowledge, experience and efficiency to provide you a safer financial future. With growing financial uncertainties it is all the more crucial to plan a strategy that ensures you a complete financial backup once you retire. The following are the key points that your financial planning should include:
- The financial planner first move towards a successful retirement plan is he/she focuses on savings and low risk investments.
- Any retirement plan will most certainly provide enough benefits but what you need to consider is social security; think whether the monetary gains you make after retirement will suffice your lifestyle or not and then plan you retirement accordingly.
- Work out a retirement plan with your spouse and with the proper guidance of the financial planner who might advice mutual funds. Mutual funds are good options for a retirement plan, and they also equalize the responsibility between the two of you. It also ensures that if something happens to one of you the other would be in a position to handle the investments.
- Start contributing more funds to the retirement plan and review the funds’ performance every quarter; your financial planner will anyway do it while updating your portfolio.
- The financial planner will prioritise health and accidental insurance while financial planning for your retirement and that is a right move.
- Tax planning is another strategy that will save you a lot of money and you can direct the same towards your retirement plan. Also ask your financial planner to see what part of your pension and annuity is taxable so that you are completely prepared to deal with the taxes efficiently.
- Estate planning should also be a part of your retirement plan, as that too can work as a good monetary resource once you retire.
Your retirement could be peaceful and financially secure if you have followed the right retirement strategy. Resource Box: Finding the right retirement financial planner Sydney is key to a successful retirement planning and wealth management. If you are looking for good retirement and financial planners in Sydney, then visit the website http://www.financial-planner.org.au/ The team of planners here strive to successfully manage your wealth so you have peaceful and secured retired life.