There are many reasons to use self storage services for Storage Containers and Self Storage, consider these ones:
- Are you renovating your home?
- Is your company expanding and there’s no room for the extra stock?
- Are you tired of looking at boxes of files you never access but are required by law to keep?
- Are you moving overseas?
- Is your garage full and there’s nowhere to park your car?
Once you have decided on a reason to use self storage, then you will need some tips to get the best value out of it.
14 Top Pre-Move Tips to Prepare Your Items for Storage.
1. Storage – Book self storage unit and enquire about removalist services and charges. (Global will arrange an obligation free quote from a reputable removalist).
2. Electricity – Arrange disconnection. Allow two working days.
3. Gas/Water – Arrange disconnection. Allow two working days.
4. Telephone – Arrange disconnection at current address and reconnection at new address. Allow two days for reconnection to an existing line or up to two weeks for the installation of a new telephone at the new address.
5. Cleaning – Have carpets, blinds and windows cleaned. Arrange for any rubbish to be removed.
6. Post Office – Obtain application from post office for the redirection of mail.
7. Deliveries – Stop milk, bread and newspaper deliveries.
8. Cars – Notify the Department of Motor Transport of change of address for licence and registration.
9. Electoral Roll – Forms are available from any post office to notify electoral office.
10. Banks – Notify change of address and transfer accounts if required.
11. Insurance – Health fund, Medicare, car insurance, life insurance to be notified of change of address. In transit insurance for all your possessions against loss or damage.
12. Government Departments – Notify Centrelink of change of address.
13. Medical – Notify doctor, dentist and vet of change of address.
14. Subscriptions – Club memberships, magazines, book/music club subscriptions and trade journals to be advised of change of address.
Visit for more info http://www.globalstorage.com.au