- It is easy to keep the website current because the content management system portion of framework was designed for users to easily create blog posts. The WordPress dashboard makes it easy to post, create categories, add widgets, and change settings. Administrators can be everyone in the company, making it easy to allow them to create web pages with images and videos. The advantages of keeping a website current are obvious. Both search engines and visitors appreciate accurate, current information. Visitors want to compare products and services on the internet, so keeping the information fresh on a website makes it more likely that they will purchase from that site over others that are not kept current.
- Unlike other free blogging software, Facebook page, or other social media site, the business can own their own domain and host it wherever they choose. The WordPress software allows for total and permanent control over their sites.
- There are a myriad of plugins for WordPress. Using these plugins, Philadelphia businesses can customize their website without expensive programming. Some of the most used plugins include The All in One SEO pack, Akisment, the Calendar, Robots and Meta tags, and Updates to social media when posts are made.
- Free and Inexpensive Themes are available for WordPress websites that can be selected and downloaded according to categories. This helps companies develop websites for their business using designs that have been proven to work in their fields. It cuts down on the cost of hiring a designer, or at least the amount of time necessary for design. Themes are also fairly easy to install, and can be administered without the help of a programmer. However WordPress developers are easy to find if the Philadelphia business decides it is necessary to hire one for the perfect website design.
- WordPress is SEO friendly and pings search engines every time a page or post is edited or created.
- A mobile version of the website is available via a plugin. As more and more people access the web through mobile devices, this become increasingly important for web design in Philadelphia.
Philadelphia web design using a WordPress website allows companies to keep the information current on their sites, post articles, keep corporate calendars up to date, and make sure the copyright and contact information on their sites are current.
One of the most important aspects of WordPress software is that it allows for easy interfaces to social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Local Philadelphia businesses should be engaged on these social media sites in order to effectively listen and respond to customers.
Philadelphia web design on a budget is possible. Many companies, large and small, now make use of the versatile, exceptionally easy to use framework of WordPress for their websites. If your company does not feel comfortable using WordPress on its own, there are many local Philadelphia web design companies that specialize in customizing the WordPress software.
Sue McCrossin is a free-lance writer working with Boomtown Internet Group to promote Philadelphia Web Design in the tri-state area. To know more about Website Design Philadelphia, visit us on the web.