Let me ask a very simple question. Why you buy a motorcycle and why not a car? The answer to this question is very simple; most of the people buy motorcycle because their repair costs are very less in comparison to the motorcycles. However, it is essential that you keep your motorbike maintained and for this purpose keep on checking different parts that you can check easily, such as engine oil, gear oil, batteries, level of electrolytes etc. the best option is to go buy used motorcycles parts in order to repair. Used bike parts will do the work for you at highly reasonable prices.
Many of us especially youngsters love to travel on bike, but before going for a long journey you must check that your batteries are charged. It will save you from any hassle that you might come across in case your batteries fail to work. Therefore, keep your batteries charged and if in case they are not functional just get rid of them.
There are lots of motorcycle batteries of different shapes, sizes and power capacities. You can select one that will fit into your motorcycle. Different motorcycles demands different voltages of power depending upon the motorcycle. It is highly advisable to use charging batteries for your motorcycle as they are more reliable. Each battery has different electrical properties such as charging rate, discharge rate, voltage of discharge, and optimum amperage.
When you go for buying motorcycle battery keep few things in mind this will prove helpful in keeping your bike in running condition.
Firstly the size of engine- for larger cc motorcycles larger batteries will do well as they need more power to run.
Secondly ensure that the battery you are going to buy will suits to your motorbike brand or not.
Thirdly you have to decide which kind of battery you want, either conventional or the factory sealed that requires to be installed in the bike.
Fourthly it will be better if you will match the technical details of your battery with your bike.
Following are the ways that you can use to keep your batteries in good condition.
- Do regularly clean your battery, and for this purpose do not use tap water. Do not allow dirt to be gathering on it.
- Terminals of batteries must be kept cleaned.
- One thing it is good to keep the interior of your battery free from sedimentation and mosses.
- When you open the caps for checking the level of electrolyte close it tightly.
- Use your motorcycle regularly; this will keep your battery charged.
- Handle motorcycle battery with lots of care. Use protective gloves to avoid any bad incident such as acid from the batteries can be fatal.
- Charge your battery with a proper charger, and do charge it to avoid any problems.
I hope you will find this post helpful in maintaining your batteries. You can keep your motorcycle maintained by buying the used motorcycles parts. This is an affordable option to buy used motorcycle parts if your motorcycle gets damaged instead of buying new ones as they are expensive.
Leave a Reply