Psoriasis is a non-contagious chronic immune-mediated disorder that affects the skin. Moreover, a person suffers from this disorder when immune system sends faulty messages to the brain to speed up the growth of skin cells. In addition, experts found that there are five types of psoriasis, and plaque psoriasis is the most common skin disorder amongst other five, which can be cured effectually by home remedies for psoriasis. In this skin disorder, the first layer of skin forms red and white hues of scaly patches but, most of the patients do not show any dermatological symptoms. Moreover, nearly 3 percent of the world population suffers from this disorder, and many patients have experienced that the home remedies for psoriasis are effective in treating this undesired skin disorder.
Although, the exact cause of this skin disorder is unknown. But, experts believe that this skin disorder may occur due to some fault in the immune system. Moreover, the immune system of our body tells our brain about the needs of our body, and brain counteracts accordingly. And, when immune system send false signals to brain to increase production of skin cells, the brains starts producing more skin cells which get deposited over each other but, the home remedies for psoriasis may strengthen the immune system due to which it will stop sending faulty messages to brain. In addition, genetic factors, and environmental conditions may also lead to this unwanted disorder.
Our skin will show symptoms while suffering from this disorder. The most common symptom of this skin disorder is red, inflamed, flaky skin. Generally, the rashes may appear white or silvery, due to dryness of skin cells. In addition, few patients may also suffer from itchy skin with slight pain or irritation. Moreover, the doctors commonly recognize this disorder on the basis of its visual appearance. In addition, the doctor may recommend skin biopsy to confirm his diagnosis. There are many home remedies for psoriasis which have served the patients effectively, but only few effective remedies are mentioned ahead for effective treatment of this skin disorder.
1. Apply thick moisturizer after taking bath, because the dryness of skin may worsen the condition.
2. Mix 2 tablespoons of almond powder in a cup of water, and boil it until the excess water evaporates. Apply the paste on the affected areas, and leave it overnight. Next morning wash gently with warm water.
3. This is one of the simplest yet most effective home remedies for psoriasis. Cover the affected areas with a fresh banana leaf.
4. Prepare a dilute solution of water and lemon juice. Apply it on the psoriatic patches.
5. Soak some sesame seeds in a glass of water, and leave it overnight. In the morning drink the water along with the seeds.
6. Take some soap nuts, and boil them in water for 15 minutes. Strain the water, and apply it on effected areas to quicken the treatment.
In conclusion, the above mentioned home remedies for psoriasis are simple yet very effective. Moreover, it is advised to keep skin moisturized. In addition, it is also recommended to choose skin care products wisely because wrong skin care products may worsen the condition. Also, it will be helpful to avoid smoking cigarettes and alcoholic beverages. Furthermore, avoiding too spicy and too oily foods may also help to get rid of this irritating skin disorder quickly.
Read more Home Remedies for Psoriasis. Also know useful Home Remedies for Rheumatism.
Leave a Reply