Itching is a condition in which there is a constant urge to scratch the affected region. There are certain factors which can cause itching such as parasites, cold weather, and dry skin, prolonged exposure to hot baths and water, chicken pox, sunburn, exposure to chemicals, allergy, skin disorders and insect bites. Some of the common symptoms of itching are scaly patches, red spots, redness of skin and urge to scratch continuously.
Itching Home Remedies
There are several remedies for itching which are simple to use and are quite safe to try at home without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular home remedies for itching which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective remedies for itching is the use of baking soda. All you need to do is take some baking soda and mix it with little water to form a paste. Now apply this paste on the affected region of your body. This simple home remedy will give you relief from itching.
2. Another helpful remedy is to consume one tablespoon of warm ghee on empty stomach early in the morning. Make this a daily practice to get relief from itching. This is one of the most efficient home remedies for itching.
3. Take some fresh neem leaves and crush them to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on the affected region of your body. Or you can even try boiling neem leaves in water and later using this water to take a bath.
4. Take some tender guava leaves and grind them properly. Now mix them with curd to form a paste. You can apply this paste on the affected area of your body couple of hours before taking bath. This is a very effectual home remedy for itching.
5. Take some lemon juice and mix it with coconut oil. Apply this mixture on the affected area and wait for it to dry. This will give you relief from the itching and will reduce inflammation.
6. Fill your bathtub with water and then add one cup of white vinegar in it. Now soak your body in this water for five to ten minutes. This will prove to be very effective in treating itching.
7. Take half part of water and mix it with one fourth part of apple cider vinegar. Use this mixture to rinse the affected area of your body. This natural remedy will give your immediate relief from itching.
8. Nettle tea is very helpful in curing itching. Boil one cup of water and pour it on one teaspoon of dried leaves. Allow it to steep for fifteen minutes and then drink this tea. Consuming this nettle tea on daily basis will prove to be quite effective in giving relief from the itching.
9. Take one teaspoon of tomato juice and mix it with two teaspoons of coconut oil. Before talking bath you can apply this mixture on your body. This home remedy will help in reducing the itch.
These were some of the most popular home remedies for itching which are simple, cost-effective and safe to use.