Sometimes there is not enough production of milk in mothers due to which they are not able to feed their baby properly. Breast milk is very crucial for the newborn baby as it contains all the sufficient nutrients for the growth and development of the baby. It is very important for the development of the brain in a child.
Increase Lactation Home Remedies
There are several remedies to increase lactation which are simple to use and are quite safe to be tried at home. Some of the most popular home remedies to increase lactation which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the simplest remedies to increase lactation is to consume a well balanced diet on daily basis. This will promote lactation and will increase milk production in your body. Try to add foods in your diet which are rich in iron, essential fatty acids, protein, vitamin A and calcium. Also try to eat fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables along with fish, dairy products, nuts and whole grains. Other lactogenic foods are oats, chickpeas, legumes, barley and rice.
2. Drinking plenty of water is also considered to be one of the efficient home remedies to increase lactation. All you need to do is consume at least eight glasses every day.
3. Cumin powder can also be very helpful in increasing lactation. Take a glass filled with warm milk and then add one teaspoon of sugar and one teaspoon of cumin powder in it. Mix them well and drink after your dinner. Repeat this process for the next three to five days. This will sure increase the lactation.
4. Take three cups of water and then soak one and a half cup of barley in it. Leave it there for the whole night. Strain this mixture and then boil one cup of this barley water and add one teaspoon of fennel seeds in it. Steep for half an hour and then allow it to cool down. Drink this mixture. This home remedy will increase lactation and will improve digestion.
5. Consuming khus-khus seeds on daily basis can also be very effective in increasing lactation in a mother. You can add khus-khus on any dish.
6. Garlic and onion can also be very helpful in increasing the production of milk in a mother. You can either consume them raw or add them in other dishes for daily intake.
7. Take a cup of water and add one fourth teaspoon of salt in it. Now you can soak your nipples in this solution for the next fifteen minutes. Daily practice of this home remedy will increase the production of milk in a mother.
8. Alfalfa is very helpful in increasing the production of milk in a mother and can be used on daily basis.
9. Another simple home remedy is to feed the child as frequently as possible. This will increase the production of milk and will prevent various ailments from happening.
These were some of the most popular home remedies to increase lactation which are simple, cost-effective and safe to use.