Hernia is a lump in the umbilical or groin region. There are certain factors which can cause hernia such as coughing, obesity, heavy lifting, chronic lung disease, fluid in the abdominal cavity and strain during a bowel movement or urination. Some of the common symptoms of hernia may include localized pain, constipation, nausea, vomiting, impotence, dyspareunia, localized inflammation and loss of ejaculatory function.
Hernia Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for hernia which are simple to use and are quite safe to try at home without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular home remedies for hernia which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies for hernia is the use of aloe vera juice. All you need to do is drink aloe vera juice (one fourth cup) two times in a day, one in the morning and one in the evening.
2. Sage is considered to be one of the most efficient home remedies for hernia. It is very helpful in eliminating acidity, vomiting and diarrhea. All you need to do is take fifteen grams of dried sage leaves with one liter of water and make an infusion. Drink three cups of this infusion every day for good results.
3. Calendula flowers can be very useful in treating hernia. You can drink calendula tea on daily basis many times a day to reduce inflammation and symptoms of heartburn.
4. Take a glass filled with buttermilk and ripe banana. Mix them with rice properly and consume two times in a day. This mixture will give you relief from the burning sensation caused by hernia and is one of the best home remedies for hernia.
5. Basil is also useful in treating this ailment. All you have to do is take fifteen grams of basil leaves and make an infusion with one liter of water. Drink one cup of this infusion three times in a day after your meals.
6. Avoid consumption of alcohol and caffeine. Do not eat spicy food as it can make your condition worse.
7. Take one cup of water and then boil with seven flower buds of cotton lavender. Drink two cups daily as it will give you relief from stomach pain, heaviness and heartburn.
8. Do not wear tight clothes around abdomen and chest as tight clothes can put pressure on your stomach and can later cause discomfort.
9. Fresh and raw juices of vegetables and fruits can be very useful in treating hernia. It is recommended to consume them half hour before your meals. Carrot juice is known to have calcium and vitamin A and is known to have restorative effect. It helps in soothing the stomach. Tomato juice is equally beneficial. All you need to do is take a glass filled with tomato juice and mix it with pinch of pepper and salt. Drink it early in the morning to get relief from burning sensation in the chest.
These were some of the most popular home remedies for hernia which are simple to use and can be tried at home with ease.