Genital wart is a common sexually transmitted infection caused by the human papilloma virus or HPV. The warts are soft, flesh-colored bumps growing in the genital area of males and females. They are flat or cauliflower shaped. Some warts are so tiny that cannot be viewed with naked eyes. Having sexual union with an infected partner transmits genital wart infection. In males, the warts grow on male organ, between male organ and scrotum sac, groin, thighs and around the anus. In females, the warts grow on the vulva, perineal area, and cervix and in the vagina. The factors triggering genital wart infection may be listed as follows:
1. Low immunity
2. Ailments like AIDS, cancer etc
4. Having multiple sexual partners
5. Practicing unprotected sex
6. Engaging is sexual activities at quite an early age.
8. Other viral infections like herpes etc.
9. Alcohol intake
10. Tobacco usage
The skin around the genital warts is usually moist or damp. Females may experience increased vaginal discharge or vaginal bleeding after intercourse. Itching of the vulva, anal area, male organ or scrotum may happen for some. Some warts are really dangerous and may lead to pre-cancerous changes in the male or female genitals. If a child contracts with this infection, it may hint at sexual abuse.
Home Remedies for Genital Warts
1. Add a cup of oatmeal to your bathtub water and sit in it in such a way that your genital area comes in contact with the oatmeal water. This gives relief from warts.
2. Slice onion, sprinkle some salt over the slices and keep overnight. In the morning, extract the juice from the slices and apply on warts. This is an effective home remedy for genital warts.
3. Apply the milky juice of figs on genital warts to get rid of them.
4. Smear the genital warts with Vitamin E oil and then place chopped garlic pieces on the warts. Fix it with a bandage and remove after a week. This will cause the warts to fall off.
5. Soak cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and dab on affected area. This is a useful remedy for this condition.
6. Place chopped garlic pieces on affected area and fix an adhesive tape on it to keep the garlic in place. Do this repeatedly to ward off the warts.
7. Application of fresh Aloe Vera juice on warts removes them.
8. Eat banana peel to get cured of this problem.
9. Apply Vitamin E oil on affected area. This is quite beneficial in treating this condition.
10. Consume fruits like mangoes, pineapples, papayas and figs. They amazingly heal wart condition in no time.
11. Generously include onions, garlic and tomatoes in diet. This will reduce the problem.
12. Consume a diet rich in folic acid. This cures infection.
13. Clean genital area with lukewarm water, thoroughly dry and wear clean cotton undergarments.
14. Use condoms during sexual lovemaking.
15. Do not cut or pull warts, for it may lead to serious complications.