Gastritis is the outcome of the depletion and inflammation of the stomach lining. The hydrochloric acid produced in the stomach exceeds normal production and eats up at the stomach wall, eroding it and inflaming it. Gastritis reduces the production of certain digestion aiding enzymes. Gastritis patients, therefore, suffer from severe indigestion. Gastritis may be acute or chronic. The symptoms of gastritis include: pain in stomach, heaviness in abdomen, headache, vomiting, pyrosis, lack of appetite, sour tongue, coated tongue, weakness, lethargy, depression, bad breath, urinary problems and constipation or diarrhea. The factors that trigger gastritis are: consumption of spicy, heavy food, high intake of alcohol, high intake of caffeine, stress and medical conditions like gastric ulcers, pernicious anemia, certain medications and bacterial and viral infections
Home Remedies For Gastritis
1. Chew roasted fennel after meals to keep gastritis symptoms under check.
2. Drink half cup potato juice prior to meals to prevent gastritis attacks
3. Mix half pound yoghurt, 3 grams of Sprague and a pinch of black salt. Consume the mixture daily to avoid gastritis.
4. Chew fresh ginger before meals. This improves and stimulates the digestive system and minimizes the severity of gastritis symptoms.
5. Drink glassful fresh lime juice daily to get rid of gastritis
6. Combine black salt and six times more Sprague powder. Add 2 grams of the combination in a glass of warm water and take daily. This is an effective home remedy for gastritis.
7. Add a pinch of black salt to 1 tablespoon carom seeds and take the mixture. This aptly treats gastritis problem.
8. Blend carrot juice and spinach juice to make a glassful. Drink daily to get cured of gastritis.
9. Drink glassful coconut water to get relief from gastritis.
10. Mix asafetida and cumin water in tamarind water and take daily. This will cause gastritis symptoms to subside.
11. Drinking a glass of buttermilk also effectively relieves gastritis.
12. Take 1 cup rice gruel several times during the day. This is a useful gastritis remedy.
13. Take 1 tablespoon of marigold herb several times during the day. This is a great curative measure.
14. Hot water bottle application or heat compress on empty stomach sufficiently eases gastritis pain and discomfort.
15. Drink the juices of fruits like oranges, apples, pineapples, grapes, pears, peaches and melons.
16. Stay away from alcoholic, carbonated and caffeinated beverages.
17. Stay away from heavy spicy food.
18. Drink plenty of water to eradicate gastritis.
19. Avoid strenuous physical activity
20. De-stress your self through yoga, meditation, music therapy, practicing of hobbies etc.