Fibrocystic breast is a condition in which a woman’s breasts become lumpy and quite painful. It usually develops in some women when they cross 30 years of age. This condition precedes the onset of monthly menstrual cycle and subsides gradually after the cycle ends. Actually certain hormones produced in the ovaries during the menstruation cause these fibrocystic changes in breasts. Post menopause these changes cease to take place and for women who take contraceptive pills, the symptoms are much less. The other possible triggers for fibrocystic breasts are high caffeine intake, consumption of chocolate, consumption of high fat diet, hormone replacement therapy etc.
Fibrocystic breasts feel heavy, full, tender, swollen and painful. Fibrous tissues show up on breasts. Benign lumps or cysts may develop on breasts. The lumps are composed of solidified fluid and fibrous tissues. The lumps are smooth and have defined edges. They grow in size as the monthly menstrual cycle begins and seem to move, when pushed on them. Some women may also have itchy nipples and discharge from the nipples. The condition can affect one breast or both breasts. Fibrocystic breast is not a disease but a harmless condition that causes much discomfort.
Home Remedies For Fibrocystic Breast
1. Take Vitamin E, Vitamin B6 in diet. This regulates the fluid content in breasts and prevents fibrocystic changes.
2. Consumption of coenzyme Q10 inhibits the occurrence of fibrocystic breasts condition.
3. Add 1 teaspoon flaxseed powder in 1 cup water and take the mixture daily. This will help to get rid of fibrocystic breasts.
4. Apply poke root or sage poultice on breasts. This will ease the pain and cause lumps to disappear.
5. Moisten cabbage leaves and place on bust. This will cure the lumps.
6. Intake of garlic and onion gives relief from fibrocystic breasts.
7. Massage primrose oil on breasts. This shrinks the lumps.
8. Mix 10 drops lavender oil, 3 drops ginger oil, 3 drops chamomile oil, half teaspoon calendula tincture and 1 cup warm water. Soak a cloth in the mixture and compress on breasts. This is an effective home remedy for fibrocystic breasts.
9. Boil 1 teaspoon each of Burdock root, mullein leaves, dandelion root, half teaspoon each of cleavers leaves and prickly ash bark in 1 quart water for 10 minutes. Strain and drink the tea twice daily. This will relieve fibrocystic condition of breasts.
10. Apply ice packs on breasts. This will lessen the sensation of pain
11. Hot compress also alleviates pain.
12. Consume 1 teaspoon grated ginger daily. This regulates hormone levels, checks swelling of breasts.
13. Wild yam is an amazing pain reliever.
14. Drink ample green tea. It checks the formation of lumps.
15. Avoid chocolate and caffeinated beverages.
16. Avoid estrogen promoting food items.
17. Consume fiber-rich diet. This will help to eliminate excess estrogen from body.