Endometriosis is a chronic and painful disorder in which the tissues found in the uterus lining starts to grow outside the uterus. Some of the common symptoms of endometriosis may include pain during ovulation, painful periods, heavy menstrual periods, indigestion, infertility, diarrhea, fatigue, nausea and constipation.
Endometriosis Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for endometriosis which are simple to follow and easy to use. Some of the popular home remedies for endometriosis are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for endometriosis is the use of heating pad or ice pack. All you need to do is take a heating pad or ice pack and place it on the lower abdominal region of your body. This will be very helpful in giving you relief from the symptoms of endometriosis.
2. Try to reduce the intake of chemicals such as polychlorinated biphenyls and chemical dioxins. These chemicals can make your condition worse. Fish, red meat, animal fat and high-fat dairy products are rich in these chemicals, therefore avoid their consumption.
3. You can even use natural herbs such as milk thistle, dandelion and rosemary in order to treat the symptoms of endometriosis. These natural herbs can be very helpful in restoring bile bowl function and hormonal level of the body.
4. Ginger tea is considered to be one of the most effective home remedies for endometriosis. All you need to do is take a piece of ginger and boil it in water with a teaspoon of tea leaves. Now add little honey to this tea and drink it hot.
5. Consume diet rich in flavones such as parsley and celery. They are known to have flavones which help in preventing conversion of androgens to estrogens.
6. Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale and bok choy are known to have indoles which are very helpful in improving the metabolism of estrogen.
7. In order to suppress the production of prostaglandin it is highly beneficial to consume food rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Fish is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and their regular intake will prove to be beneficial for you.
8. Progesterone cream is also very effective in slowing down the abnormal growth of endometrial tissue. This cream is made from Mexican wild yam or soy and can be applied externally on the upper chest, wrist, inner thighs and inner arms.
9. Try to avoid stress by yoga, meditation and certain breathing exercises.
10. You can also try using chaste berry, unicorn root, cohosh and cramp bark in order to get relief from the symptoms of endometriosis.
11. To build up fluid in the body it is recommended to drink mango, pineapple, dark grape and papaya juices. This will prevent all the chances of retrograde menstruation.
12. Hydrotherapy can sometimes help in treating endometriosis. All you need to do is sit for three minutes in a bath tub filled with hot water and then immediately sit in a bath tub filled with cold water for one minute. Repeat this process three times.
The above mentioned home remedies for endometriosis are some of the most popular and effective home remedies which have been tried since a very long time and have proved to be beneficial in many cases.