Skin inflammation in which there is formation of pustules is known as eczema. There are certain factors which can cause eczema such as allergies, nutritional deficiencies, tobacco smoke, soaps, latex, certain jewelry, pollen, varicose veins, faulty body metabolism, cold and dry weather and failure of the system to excrete poisons from the body. Some of the common symptoms of eczema are itching, itchy blisters, and redness on skin, inflammation, dry and flaky skin, rough and thickened skin and small bumps on forehead, cheek and neck.
Eczema Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for eczema which are convenient to use and are quite safe to try at home without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular home remedies for eczema which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies for eczema is the use of coconut oil. All you need to do is apply coconut oil on the affected area of your body. Regular use of this home remedy will make your skin soft and will be very helpful in treating this ailment.
2. Aloe vera is considered to be one of the most efficient home remedies for eczema. Just cut an aloe vera leaf and extract its gel. Now apply this gel directly on the affected region of your body. You can apply it as many times as you like in a day. Regular use of this natural remedy will prove to be quite helpful in treating eczema.
3. Take some bitter neem leaves and crush them to form a paste. Now mix this neem paste with equal quantity of turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on the affected area.
4. Cold compresses can also be used to treat eczema. Take some ice cubes and wrap them in a towel. Now place this cold compress on the affected region. This will give you immediate relief from skin irritation.
5. Take one teaspoon of sandalwood and one teaspoon of camphor. Mix them to make a fine paste. You can apply this mixture on the eczema affected region.
6. Taking steam bath is also very useful in treating eczema. It will hydrate your skin and will help in opening the pores. After steam bath you should try applying moisturizer to the affected area.
7. Add one third cup of cold compressed sunflower oil and half cup of cider vinegar in your bathtub filled with water. Soak your body in this water for good results.
8. Papaya is also a good alternative for treating eczema. All you need to do is take some papaya seeds and mash them properly. Now apply these mashed papaya seeds on the eczema affected region. This home remedy will give you relief from the itch.
9. Take nutmeg and rub it on a smooth stone and collect its powder. Now add some drops of water to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on the affected area.
The above mentioned home remedies for eczema are some of the most effective natural remedies which are safe and simple to use and are quite cheap.