Having a dry hair has become one of the most common problems these days. Lack of oil and moisture from the hair follicles may result into dry hair. There are many factors which may cause dryness of hair such as malnutrition, over exposure to the sun, hair styling products, hair dryer, certain medication and prolonged illness. Symptoms of dry hair may include lack of shine and lustre, dryness, fizziness, breakage and split ends.
There are several home remedies for dry hair which are simple to follow and easy to use. Some of the popular home remedies for dryness of hair are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for dry hair is a warm oil massage. All you need to do is take a cup and fill it half with coconut oil. Now take four almonds and crush them well. Add these crushed almonds in coconut oil and mix them. Heat this mixture for a little while to make it warm and then apply it to your hair. Massage your hair gently and then wait for one hour. Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
2. Take a bowl of water and mix juice of two lemons in it. Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp and massage gently. Wait for about an hour and then wash it with normal cold water.
3. Take a cup of skimmed milk and then add a single egg in it. Now beat this mixture properly and then rub on your scalp. Wait for five minutes and thoroughly wash with water. Follow this procedure twice a week for better results.
4. Take curd and aloe vera juice in equal quantities and mix them properly. Now apply them to your scalp and wait for next thirty to forty minutes. Now wash your hair with cold water thoroughly. Try this remedy twice a week to get better results. This is one of the most efficient home remedies for dry hair.
5. Take overripe avocado and banana and mash them together. Now apply this paste on your hair and wait for one hour. Later rinse your hair with warm water.
6. Honey is also very beneficial for treating dryness of hair. All you need to do is Take five tablespoons of honey and then apply it on your scalp and hair. Cover your hair with a warm towel and then wait for at least an hour. Later you can wash your hair with cold water using your regular shampoo and conditioner. Cold water will help in closing hair shafts and make your hair shiny.
7. Mayonnaise is also very helpful in treating dry hair. Just take half cup of mayonnaise and heat it until it becomes oily and white. Now apply it to your hair and cover with shower cap. Wait for fifteen to thirty minutes and wash your hair with shampoo properly.
8. Natural oils such as olive, coconut and jojoba oil are very effective in treating dry hair. Just before going to bed apply any one of these natural oils on your hair and cover your head. Next morning use mild shampoo to wash your hair.
These were some of the most effective home remedies for dry hair which are simple, safe and cost-effective.