The meaning and symptoms of constipation is different for different people. In this condition many people have infrequent stools while some may suffer from hard stools. But the very common symptom of constipation is uneasy and people feel restless. Even the causes of the constipation differ from person to person. It is a painful condition and in this condition a person experiences hard feces which are very difficult to eliminate. Most of the people suffer from this problem but in many people it may be for shorter period and of non serious type.
There are many causes of constipation which includes:
1. Frequent intake of food items like fish, meat, spices and condiments.
2. Intake of such food grain cereals which doesn’t include bran or roughage.
3. Use of liquors like whiskies, tobacco, wines
4. Lack of exercise
5. Intake of too much of concentrated protein.
6. Insufficient intake of water or other liquid diet.
7. Absence of milk, ghee, milk cream, curd, whey and butter from your diet.
9. Due to tension in the muscles of the colon, rectum an anus.
One of the important symptoms of constipation is the urge to void the stools but not getting success in doing so. Constipation is associated with many different types of symptoms like headaches, weight loss, feeling uncomfortable, weight loss, vomiting, loss of appetite, nausea, lethargy, heaviness in the abdomen and some other and it differs from person to person.
Before going to doctor for this problem you may try some home and herbal remedies for constipation. There are many herbal remedies for constipation. You may try some of these herbal remedies for constipation which suits you the best.
1. You can also take one or two teaspoons of Isabgole husk with hot milk. It is very good for constipation but you should take this remedy regularly.
2. Take one or two teaspoons of castor oil with hot milk daily at night. It is beneficial in curing the constipation but you have to take this remedy regularly.
3. Some herbal medicines like Swadishta Virechan, Lasuna Kshira and Avipittakar Churna are very effective in treating the conditions of constipation.
4. Prepare a mixture by mixing 4 gms of Senna leaves, 3 gms of pulp of Amaltas, 5 gms of rose buds and 5 gms of harad. It is an effective herbal remedy for constipation. But you must take this herbal mixture with milk at night regularly. Don’t take it with water.
Besides these herbal remedies for constipation, you must make a habit of drinking plenty of liquids to get rid from constipation.