Many people are getting married nowadays. But not all of them have the budget to splurge for a grand ceremony. Times are hard and couples are making the most of what they have by having a practical celebration. After all, if ever they have the money, they would usually save it for a nice honeymoon, the down payment of their new house, and also for building a new family. Expenses like event program printing are kept to the least possible amount. Following are some guidelines in undergoing a budget friendly program printing project.
1. Key in the transcription of the program. You can get the full transcript from the officiating minister because they already have a standard script for it. As for the part where the sermon should be, you can ask them if they have a ready message. If not, you can just list that in your program as “Wedding Message” to signal the part. But leave the details blank. At the end of the ceremony proper, you can list down the order of photography so that the guests can prepare when they will be called by the emcee. If you already have a script for the wedding reception, you can also include it.
2. Using Microsoft Word, you can key in all your texts. But in order to layout it in booklet form, you have to use Microsoft Publisher. That is the easiest among the programs where you could make the paging and the collation of the pages. If this is too hard for you, then you can just layout your text in half the size of a bond paper. You do not have to use the back page because that would give you a problem with the collating.
3. If you will only need a few copies of the wedding program, then you can print it using your inkjet printer. If you will need a lot, like 30 copies, then you can opt to have the inside pages photocopied. That is because each booklet will be composed of several pages, so that means you will be printing the number of pages times the number of copies. That could be expensive using the inkjet printer and time consuming as well.
4. As for the cover, you can still use the same material as the inside page. You no longer have to have a complicated design for it. You can just write your names there as well as the details of the wedding. If you have some extra budget, you can print the cover on a stock card. Lift a nice wedding inspired photo from the internet and use it as background image for your cover. Type your details over it and print the cover in your colored printer.
5. If you have printed your program in booklet form, then you can staple the middle for the binding. If you have chosen the second option and have printed your pages only on one side, you have to cut the paper in the middle. That means you cannot use standard binding. In this case, you can opt to punch holes at the top or the side and tie a ribbon to bind. The ribbon should be the same color as your motif for consistency. Whether you use the top part or the side for your ribbon binding, make sure that you have made the margin in that area bigger than the rest. For example, your margins on the three sides are all ½ of an inch. But on the side where you intend the binding to be, make it 1 inch or 1 ¼ inches.
While you are on a tight budget for your wedding, you can still have this nice and simple program printing of your wedding booklets. It will take some effort on your part, but at least your event program printing cost will be so much cheaper than having it done by other companies.
For more easy tips and wise ideas about cost effective and winning print materials visit: program printing.
Leave a Reply