A growing cleaning business means that there are more clients and more services. This indicates that there will be more work to do. But of course, you may not be able to do all these work. Thus, you can start posting an advertisement to hire more people to help you with the work. But before posting this advertisement, you may need to review what your need to post for you to hire the perfect person for the job. This needs a good job description.
A job description should inform the seeking applicant about the qualifications and skills needed and the responsibilities that he will have to take on if ever he will be hired. Job descriptions should be as simple as possible to avoid confusion and to get the right person for the position you are offering. Some characteristics of a good job description are:
• It has a clear explanation of the purpose of the position and the role that the employee will take up in the business.
• It makes your job advertisement easier to understand.
• It explains to the applicant the main responsibilities of the position which could help them decide whether they really want the position or not.
• It says what you want in the employee’s job performance.
• It avoids duplication of the duties of other position. This will aid in increasing the overall efficiency of the business’ operations.
A job description should include the following:
1. The name or title of the position you are offering.
2. The person whom the applicant will be reporting to.
3. Information about the possible promotions which tells the applicant that there is potential for growth in the company.
4. Headings like “Responsibilities include, but are not limited to…” which permits room for flexibility.
5. An outline or summary of the duties and responsibilities of the position.
6. The necessary requirements or qualifications needed e.g. education, experience, skills, etc.
7. Physical condition needed or any other special requirements.
8. If applicable, a brief explanation of supervisory responsibilities.
9. A description of the environment where the employee will work in.
Since job descriptions are seen as legal documents, it must be kept in mind that any references to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disabilities are illegal.
The qualification section of the job description should include any specific requirement that you want from an applicant like experience in window washing, office maintenance, etc.
A paragraph saying that your company will train new employees regarding the specifics on the cleaning processes, the use of chemicals along with its safety guidelines and procedures should also be included on the job description.
In creating your job description you should think of it as a making a handbook regarding the duties and responsibilities of the employee to the company as well as your responsibility to them. A good and accurate job description will help in screening the applicants and assists you in landing the right person for the job.
Fritz Andre author of – Starting a cleaning business | http://www.startcleaningservice.com