You come across quite a few brokers advertizing business for sale in NZ. The list that these brokers display is quite exhaustive encompassing a vast array of businesses in NZ. How can you buy a business in NZ? Like everywhere else, you need to consider a few things before buying a business in New Zealand.
The most important question you need to ask yourself is whether you will enjoy owning the business and selling its services and products. Each type of business is unique and requires exclusive entrepreneurial skills. For example, if you are itching to start a motel business, the list of motels for sale in NZ will look enticing.
Look for Certain Key Features
Even if you own a motel already, it is obvious that you need to look for certain key features in a motel such as:
* The perfect location: This is of course the most important consideration. After all a motel is a “motor hotel” and besides looking for a convenient location users will also desire a suitable spot outside the building to park their vehicles.
* Friendly staff: Any experienced motel owner knows how important it is to have friendly staff. When you are interested in a business for sale in NZ, especially a motel or even if you are interested in a restaurant for sale or a café for sale, ensure that they have friendly staff who have the capacity to make the guests feel at home straightaway. This makes a whale of a difference.
* Amenities: People who travel from key cities like Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch are a choosy and fastidious lot. You cannot compromise on the amenities available in the motel. Really worthwhile motels for sale in NZ must have excellent bed and bedding, attractive and pleasing furniture and a television set in each room.
Other Factors to Consider
Even after a prima facie evaluation, you must not rush into buying a Business for Sale in NZ without an assessment of various other factors that cover the basics of any business. Try to seek answers to the following questions.
* Why is the owner selling the present business? Do the grounds mentioned in the advertisement sound reasonable? You must understand that any entrepreneur will not sell a profitable business unless there are other dominant reasons.
* How long was the business in operation? If the business is an old and established one, is it still financially viable? On the other hand, if the business is new, try to find if it has the potential to grow.
* How do the ‘balance sheet’ and ‘profit and loss statements’ of the motels for sale in NZ read? The financial statements will provide you with key clues on how the business was or is running. If you have zeroed in on a particular Business for Sale in NZ, then, it makes sense to get an auditor check the audited yearly statements and tax returns. It is important to assess whether the motels for sale in NZ are still thriving or having difficulty sustaining their business.
Apart from the usual apparent features, you must consider other significant issues too. Try to find out if the business put up for sale has any outstanding contracts with suppliers and customers. Has the business been ever investigated by the police or any other investigating agency? All these issues need to be taken into consideration if and when you decide to buy a Business for Sale in NZ.
Contact the Business Brokers specializing in helping buyers & sellers of business for sale in NZ by visiting Tourismproperties.co.nz. The company offers motels for sale or hotels for sale, as well as management rights for sale.
Leave a Reply