Commercial printing for most people is complicated and the tasks must be given to a professional commercial printer, but did you know that you have several parts to do as well before you let the commercial printers do their work? Have no fear, commercial printing is an easy process for clients, here are a few steps you can start with –
1) Start checking your finances and the current cost of the print package you need, make sure that you are comparing the same print packages.
2) Have a list of all your print needs from the actual prints to the materials to be used and the volume of prints you need. It is always important to be clear with your printer so that they understand all your print needs from the start so that you won’t be surprised with your price quotation rising way than what you originally bargained for.
3) Start writing your text with a little consideration on your print type making sure that is neither too small to read nor too large to fit in the prints dimensions. Make sure to imbed your font file when you finalize everything.
4) Areas to closely look at –
This is meant to be readable at all costs, all your fonts should be easily seen specially for prints that are meant to be advertisements and an eye-catcher. Try to keep your fonts simple unless you have a certain theme that you are going designing around on.
Colors put designs to life, it puts melody to a music. If your company has done branding and already has specific colors tagged with you then you do not have much of a problem choosing your colors but if you are starting and trying to pick out the colors for the first time, then you should carefully consider your choices, try having some knowledge on color psychology.
Pictures are important specially if you are selling a product or a service, to entice viewers to purchase their products.
5) Create and Save your design
You should know what file format your printers require. Only a small number of printers allow almost all file types. So before you start ask your printer what they want and try asking what programs they use for designing too. This will help you create your designs quickly and run to your printers for help should have difficulty in some areas of the program. They will easily be able to assist you because they have an understanding of how the program works and will not hesitate to help, after all more mistakes you make, the more headache it will be for the printers.
6) Do a quick pre-print check
It doesn’t have to take you forever to check everything in your design, just make sure you take a double check on your grammar, your spelling, your crop marks, your sizing or dimensions, your file format including its imbedded files. After that you are ready to submit your file.
See how easy Commercial printing is for you? That’s because your commercial printer will be the one doing most of the work for you so you have nothing to worry about. Just make sure the one they are printing, which is the design, will look might great followed their file requirements to give your commercial printers less work.
For more easy tips and wise ideas about cost effective and impressive print materials visit: commercial printer.