Whether you are going on a holiday or on a business trip to a different country or a different city, car rental is the best solution to your transportation problems in an unknown place. You might not understand the language of the place and you might not be having any knowledge regarding the routes to be taken to reach your different destinations in that city. Moreover, when you land at the airport, you might find a long queue at the taxi desk or even at the airport car rental desks. After a long and arduous journey, the last thing that you would want is to stand in queue and struggle to get a vehicle that can take you to your hotel so that you can have a well-deserved rest.
To avoid the above hassles, the best thing to do is to plan your car rental well in advance of your journey and to book a car through a car rental company for the period of your stay. As there are so many car rental companies, it is important to choose the best company by browsing the websites of different companies and assessing a few factors carefully.
* The first consideration should be the reputation and reliability of the car rental company and the length of time that it has been in this business. The position of its website on the Google rankings and the position of its advertisement will determine how long it has been operating the car rental business.
* You can also assess the professionalism with which the website and the advertisements have been made, particularly with regard to their brevity, graphics, and the feel that they give. Moreover, it is important to gauge the way your questions are attended and the feel that they give.
* Having established the bona fides of the company, you need to assess the price factor. You have to make sure that there are no hidden costs involved and that everything is transparent. Reputable car rental companies like Avis Rent a Car provide a clear picture of all their charges at the time of booking the car. They do not add additional taxes or charges at the point of delivery. Once you have settled the price with them, you will have nothing to worry. When you land at the airport of your destination, a car will be waiting to pick you up.
* Another factor that you need to check before finalizing the car rental company is that it should be able to provide the type and size of car that you would like to have. If you are going on a business trip, you would naturally like to have a prestigious car like a BMW or a Mercedes. If you are going on a holiday with your family, you would prefer a large car that can accommodate all members of your family.
* The car and the driver must be legal in the country where you will be going. The driver should be of a certain age (set as per the country’s law) with a clean record and should have a valid driving license. The car should also have all necessary papers according to the laws of the land.
Being careful regarding choosing the right car rental company will avoid hassles and inconveniences when you reach your destination.
Avis is the leading car rental company in South Africa with over 133 car hire locations with a wide range of vehicle options at attractive prices. For more information regarding car rental, visit www.avis.co.za.
Leave a Reply