We always like to make our loved ones feel special. It is our small gestures that make them feel that we love them. Orchids are among the most beautiful flowers. Gifting a handful of orchids to a loved one or your special friend would express explicitly how much they care for you. When you are gifted with orchids or if you wish to plant them in your house to make it look prettier and beautiful then you must know how to take care of them.
Most of us are impatient and may forget about things to take care of so that orchids can stay healthy and live for long. If you are planting orchids in your house then you must give them enough time to grow and bloom into beautiful flowers. Once your orchids bloom, it is essential to pay importance towards how to keep than bloom longer than usual.
There are particular things that you can do to speed this process, it is very essential to know when and how these plants bloom naturally. This will make sure that the flowers are of better quality and will provide you complete understanding of how orchids work.
Here are some things that you must know about the orchids and their working:
1. Some of the orchids take 1-4 weeks of time to bloom as per the species you chose. Moth orchids are popular as they are long lasting.
2. Different kinds of orchids blossom at different times of the year – some bloom once or twice, whereas others blossom continuously.
3. As the whether starts to become cool, orchids start to bloom. Spring and winter are generally common seasons for orchid blooming, but they actually blossom all year round.
4. You can copy the cold weather and make orchids them bloom by putting them in big coolers. A drop of temperature by 10 degrees can activate their blooming cycle.
5. A good area for them to blossom is your bathroom. Cool and humid places give them the right temperature and helps in the blooming process.
6. In order to allow them to bloom properly, you need to give them proper space. Ventilated roots orchids bloom well unlike the crowded roots one. You can repot them if they are not showing growth.
It is essential to take good care of your orchids so that they can blossom completely. Ensure to provide them with sufficient water and sunlight to encourage growth. There are some things that you can do to orchids to make them blossom for long, when they are in their blossoming stage; add supplements or fertilizers to provide them with proper nutrition.
Once the orchids start shedding their flowers, don’t panic, they will regain their charm and beauty as the season changes.
It is essential to take proper care of the orchids when you them in your home to enjoy them blooming completely and making your house more beautiful and fragrant.