If you’ve got a little girl who loves her Barbie dolls, she probably also loves all of the latest Barbie accessories and games. Instead of buying expensive Barbie accessories at stores, you can build your own house games and dress up games for Barbie at home. Dress up games are an ideal way to keep little girls entertained, especially on rainy days when they can’t go outside to play. Adults may think dress up is a game on its own, but, with a creative mind and imaginative children, you can come up with tons of dress up doll games to keep girls occupied. It just takes a little time and imagination and a few things you might already have around the house. These are fun projects you can do together and a great way to incorporate play into your daughter’s learning process as she grows. Several games are available online that enable players to dress up a baby, providing for limitless entertainment.
Barbie Doll Flash Cards
– Select blank, unlined index cards in the color of your choice.
– Choose facts and questions about things your little girl is learning, including letters, numbers, math problems or science facts. Write a question on one side of each card and its answer on the other.
– Let her decorate the cards with Barbie stickers, Barbie accessories ads and her own drawings on either side.
– Play and learn! Help her practice what she’s learning with the Barbie Doll Flash Cards.
Sunglasses for Barbie
– Create these Barbie accessories with a few of your home craft supplies. Take three measurements on the Barbie doll. First, measure from the outer corner of the left eye to behind her ear. Multiply this by two. Second, measure across the front of the face, from the outer corner of the left eye to the outer corner of the right . Third, measure the distance across the bridge of the nose. Add all three measurements together.
– Draw two circles on the cardstock color of your choice by tracing the eraser-end of a pencil. Use the measurement from across the bridge of the nose to determine the distance between the two circles. These will hold the “lenses.”
– Using a ruler or straight-edge, draw a line across the top of the circles. The line should be as long as the measurements you added together. Keep the circles in the center and extend the line the same amount on each side. Draw a parallel line 1/8 inch above this. Connect the parallel lines at each end. Cut out this design with the craft knife to create the sunglasses.
– Trace two circles on the colored plastic using the end of the pencil eraser. Cut these out with the craft knife and glue them flush with the circles on the sunglasses.
– Fold the sides of the glasses to create the ear pieces and place them on the head of the Barbie doll. You can tuck the ends of the ear pieces into her hair to help keep them in place.