Below are some acne skin care tips that will help to combat acne; blackheads and pimples.
- Honey. Applying a honey mask over the entire face will help to wash away any acne causing bacteria. It is great for sensitive skin. Use one to two times a week.
- Go without cosmetics. Give the skin a chance to breathe and help the pores to become unclogged. If cosmetics are needed only use ones that are water-based.
- No squeezing or picking at the pimples and blackheads. If you do this you risk causing the acne to spread and infection. Nothing looks worse than a pimple that has been squeezed till it’s a bloody scab. That’s worse than just letting the pimple to go away with the help of natural acne medications.
- Consume carrots. And you thought carrots just helps with eyesight? Truth is the vitamins A contained in carrots are very healthy for the skin too and can help in the prevention of acne. Plus it’s a good nutritious food to eat. A vitamin A deficiency symptom is acne! So eat up!
- Eat a diet that includes zinc rich foods like nuts, whole grains, beans, yeast and even pork and beef contain zinc. Zinc acts as an antibacterial for the skin.
- Take chromium supplements. Chromium, known for helping to lose weight is also an excellent supplement that helps to heal skin infections, such as acne outbreaks.
- Pull hair back. Either pull it back with clips or bands or keep a style that doesn’t allow the hair to hit the face. Because hair is oily, these oils will sit on the face and cause acne.
- Take your vitamins. Multi-vitamin supplements will help the body to boost the immune system and thus will help to fight off any skin infections. Acne is a known skin infection.
- Wash your face two times a day. Use good acne soap (ones that contain sulfur work best.) Wash first thing in the morning and again right before going to sleep. Do not scrub or rub vigorously. Your face is delicate, so be gentle, wash gently and pat dry.