Menstruation or periods is a monthly phenomenon common to all women on earth. Menstruation begins when a girl attains puberty (i.e. at the age of 13-14) and continues until menopause occurs (i.e. at the age of 45-50). The beginning of menstruation signals the start of a girl’s womanhood and the time period between the inception of menstruation and end of menstruation or menopause marks the fertile phase of a woman.
Once menstruation commences, it occurs every month, continues for 4-7 days and is also referred to as the monthly menses or periods. Woman has been chosen by nature to bear child and allow her progeny to continue. This is why it is customary for her uterine walls to thicken and become cushion-like in anticipation of a pregnancy. When that does not happen, the contents of the uterus break off, disperse and are expelled through the vagina in the form of monthly menstruation. Once the monthly periods end, another such cycle begins. Proper menstruation cycles are a sign of sound womanly health. But the story is not so pleasant for all. There are several menstruation related problems which many women face.
The common menstrual problems which many women face may be listed as follows:
1. Pre-menstrual syndrome characterized by problems like mood swings, fatigue, bloating, back aches, headaches, sore breasts or diarrhea.
2. Severe menstrual cramping or pain in lower abdomen
3. Irregular periods
4. Delayed menarche
5. Amenorrhea or absence of periods
6. Menorrhagia or prolonged, heavy periods
Cures for menstrual problems:
1. There are numerous effective safe to use herbal medicines which you can take –
a. Gynecure capsules are an excellent herbal solution to problems like irregular menstruation, amenorrhea and menstrual cramps.
b. Femalite is another good solution to pre-menstrual syndrome. It is composed of Chaste tree berry, Black Cohosh, Evening primrose, Dong quai, Borage, Wild yam etc. These potent herbs can effectively abate PMS symptoms.
c. Regunova Plus regularizes menses and cures all sorts of menstrual problems.
d. Posex Forte capsules are good cure for pre-menstrual syndrome.
e. EveCare can address all menstruation related issues.
2. Consume a non-estrogenic diet. Include whole grains, nuts, seeds, beans, fruits and vegetables in diet and exclude dairy products, red meats and food high in saturated fat.
3. Yoga, meditation and breathing exercises are a great curative measure for menstrual problems.
4. Normalizing thyroid levels through medication can solve menstrual problems.
5. Surgical removal of fibroids can cure menstrual problem.
6. You can also try out the following home cures for menstrual problems:
a. Mix 10 ml freshly extracted juice of mango bark with 120 ml water. Take 2 teaspoons of the mixture every 1 hour.
b. Soak chickpea plant in hot water. Keep for an hour and then bathe with that water to get relief from menstrual cramps.
c. Consume unripe papaya to cure the problem of scanty flow.
d. Boil banana flower in water until it softens. Then mash it and take with curd. This cures Menorrhagia.
e. Mix half teaspoon sesame seed powder in one glass lukewarm water and drink twice daily. This is a cure for all types of menstrual problems.
Read about Herbal Treatment for Irregular Menstruation. Also know Herbal Treatment for Low Immunity.
Leave a Reply