I know that cheap is what people like when it comes to online printing. However, when you print online nowadays, it is important to look at the bigger view and the longer term consequences of cheap online printing. Let me give you five reasons why you should NOT go cheap in online printing. You will have to hear the truth in this now to give you a better perspective.
1. It looks bad on you – Believe me, going cheap with online prints typically backfires and will look bad on you. If you consistently produce cheap looking prints online, people will definitely identify you as the cheap print marketer.
This can have a bad effect on your business image, giving people the false impression that you do not know what you are doing and that you might actually be an amateur at this. So if you do not want that kind of bad effect, you might want to invest in something more better in online printing.
2. It does not last – Remember that if you decide to go at it cheap in online printing, it will not last very long. Most cheap options in printing online involves thinner paper and more cheaper kinds of inks or toner. This basically translates into prints that deteriorate very quickly, with the paper getting degraded and the inks easily fading after just weeks. This is not ideal for many kinds of printing really that is why in many cases printing stuff online cheaply is not a good idea as it was.
3. It is mostly ineffective – Beyond just “not lasting”, cheap online prints are mostly ineffective. Nobody gets excited with black monochrome prints in rough and thin paper. If your aim for online printing is to do marketing or public relations through your prints going at it cheap becomes a really bad idea because of that expected reaction. You won’t get that job done really if you print cheaply so you should really rethink about going at it cheap. If you are marketer, definitely this should not be your option of course.
4. You can get steamrolled by the competition – Also, if you have tough competition in your advertising campaigns, you better be careful when you print stuff cheaply. You are more likely to get steamrolled by the competition if you do this.
Most rivals always go all the way with their online printing, producing very impressive prints with the best materials possible. You cannot compete with that with cheap online prints of course, and you will be just wasting money if you still go on printing cheaply against those expensive prints. That is why it is important for you to review your printing options well.
5. It costs more in the long term – Finally, you should realize that with all the failings in cheap online printing, when you look at things long term, that kind of printing is more expensive. You are more likely to print a lot more batches of cheap prints because they will fizzle out early on and not give you the impact that you actually want. So if you plan on printing stuff on a long term basis, you should consider the total cost of constantly printing cheap stuff. It will get more expensive really.
So my suggestion is to NOT go for cheap online printing. Spend on decent quality prints and you will get decent quality returns that are more useful and cost effective for you. Believe me, it is all worth it.
For more easy tips and wise ideas about cost effective and winning print materials visit: print online.
Leave a Reply